Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Festival of Trees -- Set up on Wednesday Evening.

It wasn't long until my first adventure.  I got in the backseat of Mrs. Trisha's Car and we went to the F&M Trolly Barn to help set-up for the Festival of Trees.  Mr. Rob and Mrs. Trisha were all excited about this.  They said this Festival was the signature fundraising event for The Arc of Rowan County.  I like The Arc because they help people like Mark my twin brother.






 Just as soon as I got there, I had to help set up a tree.  Everyone was busy running around doing something.  There are 50 trees sponsored this year, and they will all be decorated by different people or organizations.  This was a lot of fun.













It wasn't too long until I found myself on the back of the truck, I had this funny feeling I would be unloading boxes next.  Hmm......




Told ya, they had me loading empty boxes onto that big truck.  Whew, that was a lot of work!!!
Then Mr. Rob took me around to the front of the truck to let me look inside, he also took my picture.  Wow what a GREAT Truck. 
Then I found the cookies and they were yummy!!
Then I found a cooler and drinks.  Just the thing to wash down all those cookies.
Then I tried out being a tree topper.  That wasn't any fun at all.  I am glad I didn't have to stay up on top of that tree very long.

And before I knew it, it was time to leave.  As we were all leaving, Dr. Lyn drove up in her Smart Car.  She let me sit in it, doesn't it match my hair really good.  For some reason, she wouldn't let me have the keys, and Mr. Rob said a very stern NO also! Well maybe in a few years I can learn how to drive a car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment